Monday, July 5, 2010

SharePoint always prompts for login credentials???

I recently configured SharePoint 2010 on Windows 2008 R2 and created couple of applications. Although everything works fine, one thing bothers me every-time that is, filling login credentials whenever I open the site.
logon

All I wanted to was, just open the site without re-entering the user id and the password. Should not it be intelligence enough for identifying the current user and let him (me) login to the site? Yes it should be and it does :). Actually, this is not related to SharePoint, it is IE. If you face the same issue, all you have to do is;

  1. Get Tools –> Internet Options in IE and go to Security tab.
  2. Add your site to the Trusted Sites.
    TrustedSites
  3. Then click on Custom Level in Security tab, and select Automatic logon with current user name and password option under User Authentication – Logon.
    option 

1 comment:

Howard said...

Hi Dinesh. I had the same issue but had to use a different approach to fix it, which I describe here: http://spfarm.blogspot.com/2011/05/sharepoint-always-prompts-for.html

Cheers
Howard